Sunday, November 28, 2010

World Wide Web

While trying to figure out what I should write my post on today, I visited the usual sites like Yahoo! AOL, CNN, FOX, etc.  But I couldn't find anything I wanted to blog about.  Then I tried looking at some classmates blogs, commenting on a few, but I felt like a comment was sufficient in most cases and I didn't need to make a whole post on it.  Then I saw the "Next Blog" button in the upper left-hand corner of the screen, and I clicked it.  It took me to a random blog, which I would link but something made me think twice about it.
I understand that the internet is the world wide web and that blogs can be viewed anywhere, but I felt like some of the blogs I viewed should have been more private.  There were family pictures and details of how and where Thanksgivings were spent, and there were teachers posting pictures of their students who were in second grade.  I wonder if those students parents know that there children's pictures are on the internet... Seeing that made me realize how people really do have to be careful about what they post on the internet.  I found this picture and it made me laugh, but it is also pretty accurate.

2 comments:

  1. Carolyn-

    I thought this was a great post, and I really enjoyed the Venn Diagram because it is so true. There is definitely a line between what should be shared on the Internet and what should be kept private. Although sometimes it can be unclear where to draw that line, there should be a division. I agree that people need to be careful what they post, to make sure they are not revealing too private of information that any Internet user can see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with everything thos post states, and what Brooks said. That is completely inappropriate that teachers posted pictures of their students. This "fine line" issue goes all the way back to the beginning of the year when we discussed "friending" our teachers on FB- when that is okay and when it is definitely not. Obviously, people have their own opinions of what is crossing the line and what isn't, but their needs to be some social regulations regarding what gets put on the internet.

    ReplyDelete